Sunday 18 May 2008

Kate_Gibb

I love her work!!! This is what I aspire to create! In my 2nd year I want to make use of the printmaking skills I have learnt, rather than letting them go to waste. Kate Gibb is one of the leading contemporary silk screen artists and is probably best known for her acclaimed work in the field of music design for artists including the Chemical Brothers, The Magic Numbers, Suede, Simian, My Computer and Bob Marley, to name but a few. Kate Gibb's approach to the medium has more in common with painting than it does to the multiple production associated with silkscreen printing. Typically she works on one off originals or very low runs of hand produced images, applying layer upon layer of colour in a way that results in each print having its own unique characteristics.

No comments: