Thursday 18 September 2008

magazine_adverts

Whilst having a relaxing sunday at home in pjs, reading the sunday newspapers and magazines I discovered the following two adverts. Both are completely different from each other, yet both catch my interest. First is this advert for Green and Blacks Organic Ice-cream. I love the old style of the layout, type and imagery. Everything is kept simple and clean yet the piece still manages to hold your interest.



Next is a modern typographic advert for Audi. I was initially drawn to this advert because of the unusual type. Then after closer inspection I realised all the letter forms are created using road signs, arrows, traffic lights etc. We see so many car adverts where the car is the main image followed by a tag line. However, by not including the car it makes this advert stand out from the crowd and makes you want to investigate further.


No comments: