Sunday 30 November 2008

Peter Callesen

http://www.petercallesen.com

Afraid this is going to be a very long blog (mostly images) due to the fact that I cannot select just a few examples of his work! The amazing detail which is obvious is his work is breathtaking. I do not understand how he does it!

I came across Callesen's work in Illustration Play. However, I recognize his work from somewhere else, but can't put my finger on it.




I now remember where I have seen his work before - Hidden narratives, Graves Art Gallery, Sheffield, England, 2008.
Below is the first piece of Callesen's work I ever saw.
Death section.
Callesen plays with the idea of the paper being your skin and what happened when you peel it away.




Flower section.
Showing the transition between living and death again but through flowers, especially poppies.



Random pieces I can't quite believe! So amazingly created!





No comments: