Wednesday 10 June 2009

work that inspires me and placements...

Websites I look at=






Evening Tweed, is a website set up by 4 Brighton graduates. They have very different and unique styles to each other but also feed off each other. I love looking through their work for inspiration.
Maybe I could see if I could meet up with them?


CR is an obvious one to keep up-to-date with as there is always new and exciting work being posted.

ilovedust.com has a brilliant combination of illustrations and graphic design, I especially like the piece in the screen shot, a piece they created for Bloomingdale's.

Both of the packaging websites are key for me. I look at them all the time and am always left amazed at the stunning packaging! I definitely want to be featured!

Placements sorted=

FLB, cheltenham
A packaging/identity company
I can't wait to start my work placement here in July, I hope to learn so much from the experimence, not just how to make good tea!!


Dahlia Designs
A freelance designer


Dream placements=

CampbellHay, London
Found them on the dieline and I am in love!! Am going to send my portfolio off tomorrow to see if I could pop in and see them/have work experience over half term/christmas.


Pearlfisher, London
Who does not love them?! Some brilliant pieces in their portfolio, would love a chat with them.


Lewis Moberly, London
Again, found on dieline.com and was struck by their work for Waitrose.

Considering I am not that keen on living in London, I think any of these companies could easily change my mind!! The experience I would gain from having a placement with them would be worth living in London!!

Other artists=
Geraldine Georges. Love the illustration side to it, and how the photographs link and work with the black lines. So impressive and eye-catching.

No comments: