Tuesday 23 December 2008

Edward Crutchley

I was looking on www.illustrationweb.com for some inspiration for my xmas brief as I want to use drawing and illustration as my main media. I then came across Edward Crutchley.

"Edward, born in 1980, grew up in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. After moving to London at 18, he studied Womenswear at Central St. Martins. Since his graduation in 2003 he has worked with a variety of design houses; working in both textile and print design. His influences are varied; from 60’s modernism to Elizabeathan stump work, folk art to Beardsley. A love of traditional British fabrics also informs the textural nature of his work, which is offset with a graphic simplicity." http://www.illustrationweb.com/illustrators/home_large.asp?artist_id=3305&anim=N

His clients include:
  • V & A Magazine
  • Louis Vuitton Malettier
  • Pringle of Scotland
  • Fashion Monitor
  • Cent Magazine
I find his work really interesting and eye-catching. A modern style of illustrating traditional objects and people. I am also interested in his work due to the fact that he also includes different patterns within the pieces. This adds another dimension to the work and makes you want to investigate it further. I am now thinking about looking into birds/squirrels or other creatures as my xmas project.







1 comment:

sonoio said...

hola ema, me han gustado mucho tus trabajos te espero en mi blog