Monday 15 December 2008

Yes design

After learning about the new penguin books I wanted to research more into the designers who had produced the covers.

Yes design (http://www.yesstudio.co.uk) have a number of interesting and unique pieces of work to their name. I would definitely recommend a look at the website.

The three pieces of work below have been included as I feel they all have good and clever qualities to them. For example, I think the way in which 'next day delivery' has been linked to the album title (catalogue) and I am drawn to the boxes they have created from this cover image.
I included the piece below as I found the font and colour choice interesting and I believe it works with the nature of the band and music.

I then included this piece below simply because I liked it! I think the colour shading works well to catch your attention. I like how the image is not the first thing you see, but infact the colour.
check out the webiste!

No comments: