Sunday 14 December 2008

penguin books

For my final art foundation project I set about re-designing some classic penguin books. Ever since this project I have been interested in keeping up-to-date with penguin going-ons. Therefore, I was really happy and excited when I read an article in CR's december issue about Penguin's ongoing project to honour its design heritage.

The four books were redesigned by Yes (http://www.yesstudio.co.uk) and the brief was to create a "timeless and dignified series, while also taking much care to complement the integrity of the original texts".

I believe Yes were successful at creating covers for the books which link them altogether, through the use of colour and layout, but they also allow each book to be unique and different. A successful piece of design.



No comments: